Monday, July 11, 2011

Pride & Humility

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2

11 years ago I said, "My child will NEVER...

have uncombed hair

snot on their face

talk back to me

throw a tantrum on the floor (in the middle of Target)

get by with disobedience

get in trouble in school

swear

eat breakfast in front of the TV

wear their clothes to bed

not shower for a week

skip a teeth brushing

punch their sibling in the nose

refuse to pray

hate going to church

be allowed hours of electronics

or embarrass me."

Just simply because I was going to be a great mom!

11 years later, after much disgrace, I am clinging to the second half of Proverb 11:2, "...but with humility comes wisdom."

Motherhood has been the hardest journey of my life. Lately, I have been extremely discouraged. However, I have embraced the fact that raising children has its ups and downs. The first year was wonderful, the second hard, the sixth much easier, the tenth hardest of all. What does the future hold? With some gained wisdom I can confidentially say, "I don't know but there will be good times and bad. Through it all God will mold and shape me into the person He wants me to be." If motherhood was easy, I wouldn't grow, rely on God and be completely humbled.

Pride is a struggle for me. These past couple years I have realized that ugly truth. I really believe that God gave me my children to help me recognize that sin and be forced to deal with it in my life. It isn't easy but I am thankful God wants me to grow and be everything He intended.

I love my precious, silly, bouncy boys with all their struggles. God, please help me to continue to be humble and raise them to love you!

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing wife and mom. I am privileged, honored and thankful to know you, Ingrid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we are new moms or don't have children, it is SO easy to say what we would never do! I have three boys too and I think I failed all of your "I would never..." items too! LOL

    www.through-my-is.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete