I am THRILLED to announce that as of today, 105 children are sponsored. These children attend a Christian school in southern Ethiopia. I've had the privilege of visiting the school twice (Jan. 2011 and March 2013). 45 more children need a sponsor. Below are 4 of the unsponsored children. It's $34 a month and it will help support their education, nutrition, basic medical care and Christian discipleship.
Right now funds are being stretched and the unsponsored children ARE attending school but unfortunately, they get sent home at lunchtime and ARE NOT participating in the feeding program. Sponsoring one of these children helps them receive one solid meal each day, so important!
To sponsor them follow the link below their picture or you can e-mail me at reachinghiskids@gmail.com with questions. I am the volunteer sponsorship coordinator for the FOVC Shanto CarePoint, to read more about my involvement click HERE. This is a NEAT sponsorship program, sponsors can write monthly, get updates during the year and send a gift when I head to Ethiopia (or better yet, come with me). One sponsor was on the March 2013 team, to read her funny story click HERE.
To sponsor Deginesh click HERE
To sponsor Liyon click HERE
To sponsor Esekinder click HERE
To sponsor Tarkegn click HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment