I've been SO busy! This sponsorship position could be full time. It is definitely ALWAYS on my mind. I've tried to set certains hours to work but I find myself working anytime I can grab a spare minute. I LOVE it!
Right now I'm coordinating a mailing from our sponsors. I initially thought, "I'll have the sponsors send a letter, no big deal." It is VERY time consuming but fun! The thing I've enjoyed the most is getting lots of e-mail responses and getting to the sponsors better. I appreciate their heart and willingness to love these children.
I'm also starting to plan for a fundraiser on March 10th. I am having a pancake breakfast. My church is letting me use their facility. I hope to get a couple hundred people and raise at least $1400. The money will be used to cover my overhead expenses, things like office supplies, postage, printing pictures, etc. The money should cover about 18 months of my work.
This past month I have been flooded with new sponsors! I have 11 children left of the original 100 who need a sponsors. The best part is that I e-mailed our Ethiopian director and said, "Let's add more children to the program." In the next few weeks I will be receiving pictures, bios and names of 18 new children to find sponsors for, I'm excited!
Right now I'm coordinating a mailing from our sponsors. I initially thought, "I'll have the sponsors send a letter, no big deal." It is VERY time consuming but fun! The thing I've enjoyed the most is getting lots of e-mail responses and getting to the sponsors better. I appreciate their heart and willingness to love these children.
I'm also starting to plan for a fundraiser on March 10th. I am having a pancake breakfast. My church is letting me use their facility. I hope to get a couple hundred people and raise at least $1400. The money will be used to cover my overhead expenses, things like office supplies, postage, printing pictures, etc. The money should cover about 18 months of my work.
This past month I have been flooded with new sponsors! I have 11 children left of the original 100 who need a sponsors. The best part is that I e-mailed our Ethiopian director and said, "Let's add more children to the program." In the next few weeks I will be receiving pictures, bios and names of 18 new children to find sponsors for, I'm excited!
Ingrid, we are so glad you love your FOVC job. Because we LOVE the work you do on behalf of the kids!
ReplyDelete