2-1/2 years ago Dan and I started looking into buying a house down the street from us. Long story short we didn't get it but a wonderful couple, John and Aimee, did! During March-May 2008 I spend countless hours praying about and over that house. I would literally walk down and sit on the front porch and pray. At times I would pray, "Please God give us this house." But mostly I prayed, "God, may Your will be done. Please use this house as a light in this neighborhood for You!" When I first met John and Aimee and found out they were Christians moving into the neighborhood for ministry I felt God had answered my prayer. However, in recent months God has shown me just HOW MUCH he answered my prayers.
We are all gifted in different ways. Women's outreach is not my thing! I love kids and teenagers and that is where my time and energy goes around here. I have been burdened for many years for the parents of these kids. I have struggled to figure out how to reach them with the gospel message. I have prayed for them, tried to not judge but just love them where they are at in life and use my status as a fellow mom and neighbor as a way to connect. It hasn't been easy but I've tried. It is also hard to know how to bring the Bible and its message to adults. It is just so much easier, for me, to do that with kids.
Late this summer I was talking with Aimee and the idea of an evangelistic women's Bible study came up. Aimee had this amazing passion and was full of ideas. So long story short we are meeting every Tuesday, in that house that I bathed in prayer, and communicating the Bible and its most important message (Jesus) to 6 neighborhood women. 3 women are mom's of kids we bring to church, the fourth is my dear young friend Angel and the other 2 are my neighbors who attended an Alpha course with me last year. However, this Bible study seems to be making a bigger impact.
I am SO thankful for Aimee, her beautiful home and her ability to love these women and communicate God's message. We are reading through a book called Stranger on the road to Emmaus. It is excellent for helping adults, who know nothing about the Bible, understand it from Genesis to Revelation. We are currently on week 4. I anticipate that this will take another 10 weeks. Please pray with me for these women and the potential impact in their lives and the lives of their children.
LOVE how God answered your prayers!
ReplyDeleteI have to ask, do Jon and Aimee has a young son? I am just wondering if we know this couple also.
ReplyDelete